Tax Justice Network USA is seeking to appoint a director;
Job Announcement: Executive Director, Tax Justice Network USA
Location: Washington, D.C.
Summary of Role:
This is a leadership position, with the responsibility of building the momentum of the organization. Currently, the Executive Director will be the sole staff member.
Tax Justice Network USA is the national chapter of Tax Justice Network International, presenting solutions for tax policy reform at the national and global levels through research and campaigning‚Äîwhich may include public education, policy discussion, advocacy, media, network building and partnerships.
Founded in 2002, Tax Justice Network International now has full-time experts in more than two dozen countries, plus an internationally recognized network of senior board members and advisors. It is by far the oldest, most experienced, and most highly focused non-profit spearheading the global campaign to clean up tax havens/secrecy jurisdictions.
The Executive Director is hired and supervised by the Tax Justice Network USA Advisory Board, together with the Executive Director of the Fund for Constitutional Government, the fiscal sponsor of Tax Justice Network USA.
- Campaigner/Organizer: Quality policy analysis and advocacy is provided by individual and organizational members of TJN-USA. The Executive Director will take that analysis and advocacy capacity and link it with grassroots organizations to effect successful campaigns to change the actions of the US government, including regulatory agencies, and corporations.
- Leadership for the organization: As envisioned by the Advisory Board, the Board of The Fund for Constitutional Government, and Tax Justice Network International, Tax Justice Network USA is a campaigning organization that combines excellent policy analysis with broad and energetic campaigners from the grassroots through to national policy makers.
- Strategic direction and implementation: The U.S. national chapter of Tax Justice Network’s success is essential in itself, as well as for the global success of international campaigns on tax justice. TJN-USA is an active and strategic partner within the TJN international network.
- Fundraising: It is essential that the Executive Director be a successful fund-raiser, with a strong and positive partnership with the Development Committee of the Board of Advisors. The Executive Director will define the annual operating budget, subject to approval by the Advisory Board, and raise funds to support the budget.
- Media and Communications: Translate policy language to campaign language, while developing extensive media (TV, Radio, Print and Web) contacts to disseminate the agenda of TJN-USA.
- Staffing: Define staffing needs, subject to approval by the Advisory Board, and hire, train, and supervise personnel.
- General operations and administration: Initially, as the sole staff member, handling all day to day administrative tasks and organizing technical support and practical resources.
Successful experience serving as an Executive Director or senior staff of a non-profit, development, policy, philanthropic, or advocacy-focused organization. The person must have successful fundraising, campaigning, management, and supervisory experience.
The position requires a minimum of five years experience and demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Experience raising funds for not-for-profit organizations of similar size and scope, from individuals, foundations and members, with annual budgets of at least $250,000.
- Experience in designing and leading national campaigns that bring together a wide range of grassroots activists, media, and policy experts to achieve genuine change in the actions and outcomes of government and/or corporations.
- Some knowledge of tax issues is essential, but detailed knowledge is not. The candidate must be familiar with and understand the significance of secrecy jurisdictions / tax havens for poverty and policy in the US and internationally.
- Strong and dynamic leadership, able to motivate “unlikely partners” to achieve a common goal.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in fostering a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment, involving staff, volunteers, network members, and campaign activists.
- Commitment to the values and vision of the Tax Justice Network.
Compensation: Salary and benefits package are dependent on experience.
Some travel will be required.
This is an “at will” hiring.
Tax Justice Network USA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
Application Process: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and r?©sum?© to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until position filled.