From the excellent TUC Cuts Watch series:
- The Grimsby Telegraph report that Government cutbacks have left the council with 19 per cent less to spend on adult learners. As a result, the Whitgift Community Learning Centre, which provides adult education – including help with english and maths – is facing closure.
- In Waltham Forest £30 million looks likely to be cut from affordable housing.
- Gloustershire children’s service department has frozen all spending, and it has been suggested that £76 million worth of cuts are being planned.
- £8 million cut in grants made via the Youth Sector Development Fund (which supports third sector organisations providing services to disadvataged young people)
- £47 million cut from one-to-one tuition for children
- £25 million cut from capital spending allocated to extended schools
And tell me how these will not harm the weakest and the poorest in our communities?
The callousness of what is planned is unbelievable.