Having derided what KPMG wants from the Budget I guess it’s only fair that I publish my own wish list:
- A Green New Deal;
- A General Anti-Avoidance Principle in UK tax law;
- Minimum tax rates for those earning over £100,000, rising with income so that at £250,000 45% would equal 45% tax on all income, with no allowances given;
- National insurance on all investment income over £5,000 pa excluding pensioners;
- Capital gains taxed as income;
- Aggressive action from the Foot Commission on tax havens including sanctions on all UK dependent states that do not do full information exchange under the EU Savings Tax Directive;
- A requirement that the accounts of all companies that are members of multinational groups that are filed with tax returns include those group accounts stated on a country by country basis, including intra-group transactions;
- End of the domicile rule – funds to child poverty.
- Ending of the tax office closure programme and increased vigilance in tax collection.
I’m sure I could refine it a bit. That will do for starters. No time to do links.
I’m not holding my breath.