These are my links for January 29th:
- International Security - Emerging Threats - Dirty Money - UPI.com - TJN in the limelight on illict funds - again
- The Treasury 2008-Varney and Northern Ireland - Is the Treasury planning tax cuts for Northern Ireland? One to watch
- Optimizing performance for WordPress - Just for bloggers (with thanks to Dennis Howlett)
- Comment is free: Our irregular regulators - Prem Sikka says without better reform of the UK's political institutions for taming corporate power, a durable regulatory system cannot be developed
- Frequently Asked Questions: Girl Scout CookiesÂ® - This is serious: people in the US ask if they can get tax releif on buying biscuits from Girl Scouts. Amazing, because apparently you can. Hat tip to Paul Carron at TaxProf Blog
- Tax Justice Network: Africa Tax Conference - Africa's building a new tax concensus, but can civil society take a part?
- UN Corruption meeting - The UN quotes corruption data from Raymond Baker - a TJN adviser, and puts an estimate on Indonesia's loss to Suharto