These are my links for September 22nd:
- Call for plan to protect savings » Business » News » This Is Jersey - Those who live in tax havens don't enjoy our protection from bank failure
And for the ordinary people who live there that is a real worry
- 'Irresponsibility' fuelled meltdown: Brown - Accountancy Age - The response sounds unworkable
Make it direct
Make it simple
Make it work
Disallow tax relief
In crease the rate of tax
- the left and the financial crisis | ToUChstone blog: A public policy blog from the TUC - Nigel Stanley gets it right@ one of the most worrying things about neo-liberalism was its capacity to kill alternative thinking
- Alistair Darling promises not to increase taxes - Times Online - Madness
No one can make such a promise right now
We will have to pay for the damage the credit crunch is causing
- Boris Johnson's island plan 'unrealistic' - Telegraph - By the time Boris deliovered this peak oil will have killed demand for air travel.
Haven't the planners noted this as yet?
If not, why not?
- FT.com / In depth - Obama targets Wall Street greed - "Barack Obama, casting himself as the defender of Main Street in the face of the folly and greed of Wall Street, is drawing ahead of John McCain in the race for the White House, according to the latest opinion polls."
It's hard to see how anyone could vote for the market apologists of the Right at this moment.
- Parallel lines: Germany and Canary Wharf | AccMan - Dennis Howlett muses on spending money well