I keep wanting to hear journalists ask Farage real questions about what the Brexit Party stands for. Instead of letting him rant about the failure of democracy and the betrayal,of politicians - which are untrue on the issues he refers to - I wish they would just ask rhings like this:
- How will you deal with the Northern Ireland border?
- What trade deal do you want with Europe?
- How will you manage a trade deal with the USA when they say none is possible if there is a hard border in Northern Ireland?
- What EU law are you going to repeal if we Brexit as you wish? Would that have also been possible under May’s deal?
- Why do you want to use WTO rules when no one else in the world does?
- You know that the WTO is a seriously discredited organisation, don’t you? Why do you want to use its rule?
- No deal is technically impossible, as I am sure you know. If we say there are no rules the reality is everyone else will impose their rules on us. How are you going to manage that?
- How are you going to manage the disruption of a Hard Brexit?
- How many people will die in the UK because a Hard Brexit will deny them the drugs they need?
- Every credible organisation offering a Brexit forecast says it will cost UK jobs. How are you going to replace them?
You get my drift.
Why is no one asking?