These things were not addressed in the autumn statement:
- The bedroom tax
- The falling incomes of those on benefits
- The lack of business investment in the UK
- The increasing national debt - to continue until 2019, and almost certainly afterwards
- The falling income of the self employed
- The vast majority of the tax gap
- Cuts in staff at HMRC which deliberately drive the need for austerity
- Zero hours contracts
- The living wage
- Increasing personal debt
I could go on, and on.
This was an autumn statement that did not tackle the reality of life for most in this country.