These are my links for December 23rd:
- Trident Energy - Sea Trials - Sometimes you come across what seems like a really good idea
This is one
- FT.com / Comment / Opinion - How to resuscitate the private equity industry - "A close observer of the private equity industry must be alarmed at what is going on. Some of the statistics seem to paint a surprisingly benign picture of the industry at the moment, but the reality seems at odds with this.
Concerns with past deals that were over-priced and over-leveraged (with the benefit of hindsight) are very considerable. Understandably, this makes it hard to look forward, but unless the industry does just that there will be paralysis."
My prediction is a bloodbath for private equity companies in 2009
- FT.com / Companies / Financial Services - Madoff investor warned its clients - Surreal
- Offshore Asset Protection BLOG - Bob Bauman: After 700 Years Andorra Open to Foreign Investors - People who promote these places need to be held accountable for their actions
- Cayman Islands - Cay Compass News Online - Bush criticises rushed tax law - This bill did the right things
It's shame the procedure has resulted in its validity being questioned
My only question is this: could it have happened otherwise? Was this the only way for the financial services sector to be beaten into place?
- Pay back £1m or go to jail - I just wish HMRC would pursue tax prosecution with the same vigour
- = KPMG UK News = pension buy-outs bounce back - I have an instinctive dislike of this market
If there's a surplus to be had it belongs to pensioners
Why isn't the CBI shouting about it being creamed off, as they did about tax?