These are my links for October 17th:
- UK Parliament - Early Day Motions By Details - Please get your MP to support this one - we need to reform audit
- Too Much Money Is Beyond Legal Reach - WSJ.com - Oh yes. That's true.
- The Market Center Blog -- October 2008 Archives - I guess I should let Dan Mitchell have his say
Heaven knows why though - the guy is so out of touch with reality I doubt there's a person anywhere near power in anywhere bar Cayman who takes him seriously
- Tax Justice Network: Tax Havens, Economic Aggression and the Race to the Bottom - Please read it: this is the reality of the banker'e agenda that is shared by the political Right
- FT.com / Companies / Financial services - Swiss to fund $60bn ‘bad bank’ for UBS - Some measure of how badly wrong the Swiss got it - and banking is all they're good at, supposedly
- Book review: Put not your trust in bankers | Opinion | The First Post - A lesson in the Right's mistiming
- Taxman may take an interest if you work from home - Birmingham Post - I really hate this sort of 'anti-tax man' through the creation of fear and loathing that some in the profession pursue.
It does no one any good