These are my links for October 16th:
- They Just Don’t Get It #5: Sir Tom McKillop | ToUChstone blog: A public policy blog from the TUC - It's got to be said time and again: the City just don't understand that if the State is your shareholder you take it's opinion into account
But, heck, whoever thought that companies were run for anyone but their directors?
- Tax Justice Network: Britain's toxic fiddling - Fine words are not enough: we need action from Brown and we aren't getting it
- Michael Meacher - Labour's Future: Bank nationalisation - What is the nationalisation of the banks for?
- MP attacks 'dodgy auditing' and conflicts of interest - Accountancy Age - Michael Meacher in action, with the courage that experience and conviction bring.
- FT.com / In depth - Democrat hopes rise for clear Senate majority - Staggeringly important if we are to see the change the world needs
- Prem Sikka: Why not bail out the poor? | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk - Prem, as ever, asking the right questions