These are my links for June 2nd:
- Porn Tax | Venture Chronicles - It's an interesting new variant on 'taxing the bads'
- Tesco faces new tax questions - Accountancy Age - But it seems that fear of Tescos is so great that the whole article is their apology for what they're doing
- SMEs encouraged to review fair value - Accountancy Age - It's the ACCA doing this. And they complain about admin burdens on business! I think the right phrase is that those in greenhouses should not throw stones.
- Ex-E&Y partner to replace Boris Johnson - Accountancy Age - Are accountants 'business men'? Discuss
- FT.com / In depth - UBS tells unit staff to avoid US visits - Why not just plead guilty?
- Tax Justice Network: Five Canadian banks skirting their responsibilities - Canada's five largest banks have avoided $16 billion in tax over the last 15 years
- Laurel creditors lumbered with Â£130m losses - Accountancy Age - If you want a definition of unethical practice, start here