These are my links for April 25th:
- Lane-Fox's M&S audit role questioned - Accountancy Age - Rose really has lost the plot
- MEPs call for greater transparency from IASB - Accountancy Age - Spot on
- Is accounting to blame for the credit crunch? - 23 Apr 2008 - Not entirely. But it cannot escape blame. Mark to market is a disaster when there is no willing market. That's what exists in a downside.
- How weâÄôre screwing up thought leadership | AccMan - Precisely why we can't leave tax policy to accountants - well spotted Dennis
- Tax policy: leave it to the experts - Accountancy Age - Oh no. The last people we need to leave tax to are accountants. Flat tax, the abolition of IHT, the end of CGT and the freedom to move assets offshore would all be on their way and ordinary people would pay. Let's be blunt. I don't trust this argument.