These are my links for February 20th:
- Comment is free: Granite features - John McDonnell MP on the Granite fiasco - rightly taking credit for lobbing this back into the political arena, based on research on this blog
- Ireland ready to cash in on UK non-dom crack down - Accountancy Age - Sometimes I'm just ashamed of my 'other' nationality
- Guardian Unlimited: Masterchef - I confess: I'm one of those who is hooked. No idea why (although I do enjoyseeing my sons eating my food). It's just good honest fun and involves some real skill, I think.
- Non-dom tax trap expands to airport lounges - Accountancy Age - This one is a step to far. Time for HMRC to back down. If you arrive and leave in a day you are not resident
- Offshore mortgage blow for non-doms - Accountancy Age - They won't be able to get a 40% subsidy from the state any more - and thank heavens for that
- Rock team are non-doms - Accountancy Age - Only Brown and Darling could manage this
- BBC NEWS | Politics | Taxpayers 'to get Rock rubbish' - Reporting on the Granite debate
- Simon Jenkins: The state is utterly clueless on the public-private divide | Comment is free | The Guardian - A 'must read'. Why does it take someone like Simon Jenkisn to point out the glaringly obvious?
- Obama victorious in Wisconsin and Hawaii | World news | guardian.co.uk - Could we have the man who promoted the Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act in the White House?