These are my links for January 28th:
- BBC NEWS | Isle of Man | Minister hails 'strong' economy - Another finance minister whistling in the wind
- FT.com / - Poor governance can boot a country out of the industry - The EITI has problems with some countries who are not buying into the governance systems. But there are up and coming candidates who want to do so - so it's time to make a choice of who's in.
- Tax Justice Network: Words from a retired crime-fighter - The UK is not playing its role in tackling corruption says former Swiss prosecutor-general. Worse, we aren't repatriating stolen funds. Why not? It's time to pay up.
- FT.com / Companies / Media & internet - Hedge fund lashes out at NYT board - The last thing the New York Times' needs is a hedge fund on board. This is a great liberal paper. And it must stay so.
- 'I want to serve my sentence at home' | NEWS.com.au - Convicted Australian fraudster who saved tax by using bogus tax haven invoices appeals for clemency. But as one judge said - an appeal might increase his sentence
- Pointing fingers at the plutocrats - Telegraph - When the Telegraph say the wealthiest have fleeced the rest there has to be some truth in it!